Policy & Procedure Manual - D2
2017 Edition Available Now! (Hard Copy and Flash Drive)
- Language changes to reflect changes in the CMS rules released November 2016. For example “dietary” department is replaced with “food and nutrition services” department and “qualified dietitian” is added in where appropriate.
- Update in introductory section to include explanations of new language
- Changes are incorporated throughout the book to reflect CMS' new emphasis on resident/patient/representative input into care planning and focus on individual choice
- New language that reflects physicians being able to delegate order-writing priveleges to RDNs is incorporated
- QAPI policies/procedures have been strengthened/updated to reflect an increased emphasis on QAPI in the new CMS rules
- Overall review/update of all policies and procedures with updates that include more emphasis on electronic record-keeping, electronic health records and electronic communication.
- Review of all policies and procedures to assure that they are still pertinent, given the new CMS rules
New Policies and Procedures Include:
- Menus and Therapeutic Diets: RDN order-writing, Resident’s right to refuse a diet, Resident’s choice meals
- Food Production and Food Safety: Inventory and Cost control, Food Safety-Preventing burns
- Sanitation and Infection Control: Foods brought in from outside the facility
- Personnel Training: Facility-wide inservice training and Resource-Facilitation adult learning
- Disaster Planning: Back-up for electronic files
Excellent for nursing homes or hospitals. New information on food code, food safety/sanitation, nutrition/unintended weight loss, person centered dining, Nutrition Care Process and more! A great time saver, includes step by step guidelines to ensure that regulatory, nutritional, dietary needs are met for optimal health of individuals in your care. 2017 Edition.
Customizable Bonus Materials on Flash Drive:
- Policies and procedures
- Job descriptions
- More than 70 sample forms and resources
This Best-Selling Manual Covers a Wide Range of Topics Including:
- Menus and Special Diets
- Meal Service
- Food Production and Food Safety
- Sanitation and Infection Control
- Cleaning Instructions
- Clinical Documentation (including Nutrition Care Process)
- Alternative Nutrition Interventions
- Quality Assurance Improvement
- Disaster Planning
- Index Cross Reference to the CMS Nursing Home F Tags
- References and Resources
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for bulk purchases, corporate intranet, and other options.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This edition is based on the Advance Copy - Revisions to State Operations Manual (SOM), Appendix PP. Revised Regulations and Tags. November 9, 2016. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Center for Clinical Standards and Quality/Survey & Certification Group. Ref: S&C 17-07-NH. https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertificationGenInfo/Downloads/Survey-and-Cert-Letter-17-07.pdf that was effective November 2016. There are a total of 3 phase ins for the CMS changes including November 28, 2016, November 28, 2017 and November 28, 2018. If needed, we will revise the book for each phase. Customers who purchase this 2017 edition will be provided a discount code to use on future 2 editions that include the revisions for the second and third phase ins.
CPE self-study program now available!