2019 Edition – Diet and Nutrition Care Manual: A Simplified Nutrition Care Guide
2019 Edition on Sale Now! We plan to release a new revised Edition in in the 3rd quarter of 2021.
A great nutrition resource and guide for nursing homes, assisted living facilities and group homes. Provides guidelines for evidence based practice, including the US Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020 and MyPlate. Use this best-seller as an evidence based reference to provide nutrition care, interpret diets, write menus, meet federal/state regulations, and define physician diet orders. Easy to use tools, charts and guidelines! Approximately 250 pages.
Changes to the 2019 Diet and Nutrition Care Manual include:
- Updated all chapters to reflect current evidence-based guidelines and current standards of nutrition care.
- Incorporated information from the:
- International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI).
- 2018 Scientific Report from the Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee.
- 2017 Guideline for Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure in Adults published by the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association.
- 2018 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes.
- Updated recent research on sodium intake, cardiovascular health, and heart failure.
- Updated information on GI care including information on ostomies.
Need to order multiple copies? Contact us if you are want more than 10 copies.
Our corporation just went to this diet manual this year. This honestly is the most useful manual our corporation has used. I think it is awesome!
"I often thought a diet manual would include diet information only, but this manual had so much more specific disease information that explained the reasoning behind the actual diet principles and MNT. It was a great review for me! Awesome reference!"
- Regular Diet and Alterations (individualized/liberalized diet for older adults, altered portions, high calorie/high protein, food intolerance/allergy, low lactose, vegetarian, finger foods, gluten free, Kosher)
- Consistency Alterations (National Dysphagia Diets, Mechanical/dental soft, Mechanically Altered/Mechanical Soft, Puree, Full and Clear Liquid, thickened liquids)
- Obesity Management and Calorie Specific Diets (weight management for adults and older adults, surgical and medical management, bariatric surgery diet guidelines, calorie restricted diet)
- Diets for Cardiovascular Health (risk factors, lifestyle changes, DASH Diet, Heart Healthy, Therapeutic Lifestyle diets)
- Diets for Diabetes (medical management, carbohydrate counting, consistent carbohydrate, CCHO puree, Clear liquid)
- Gastrointestinal Diets (FODMAP diet, high fiber diet, suggestions for nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, gas, bloating, etc.)
- Diets for Chronic Kidney Disease (liberalized renal diet, information on dialysis, lowering potassium and phosphorus intake, fluid restrictions, etc.)
- Specific Diseases and Conditions (Alzheimer’s/dementia, anemia, dehydration, failure to thrive, hepatic disease, HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, osteoporosis, palliative care, PKU, pressure ulcers, pulmonary disease, sarcopenia, unintended weight loss, etc.)
- Nutrition Support (enteral nutrition)
- Appendix (nutrition screening, nutrition focused physical assessment, heights, weights, adjusting weights for amputees, BMI, nutrient needs calculations, information on calcium, vitamin D, and more).
See “Sample Pages” above for the full table of contents.
Becky Dorner, RDN, LD, FAND is widely-known as one of the nation’s leading experts on nutrition, aging, and long-term care. An experienced speaker and extensively published author, Becky is the Founder/President of Nutrition Consulting Services, Inc., whose dedicated team of RDNs and NDTRs have served health care facilities since 1983; and Becky Dorner & Associates, Inc., which offers a broad library of resources and continuing professional education programs. Her free email magazine keeps 35,000 health care professionals up to date on the latest news in the field.
Honors include: Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy), Academy Award of Excellence in Business and Consultation, NE Outstanding Nutrition Entrepreneur, Academy Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year and DHCC Distinguished Member Award.
Liz Friedrich, MPH, RD, CSG, LDN, FAND, NWCC is a Registered Dietitian and president of Friedrich Nutrition Consulting in Salisbury, NC. The company provides a variety of nutrition consulting services with a focus on gerontological nutrition. She has co-authored numerous articles in journals and magazines, including the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Liz was the Associate Director of Nutrition411.com, a respected website for dietitians, and is an evidence analyst for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Evidence Analysis Library. In 2009 Liz became Board Certified as a Specialist in Gerontological Nutrition.
Honors include: Two North Carolina Dietetic Association awards, the Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year (1991) and the Member of the Year (2000).