Excellent for post-acute care settings or hospitals. New information on food code, food safety/sanitation, nutrition/ unintended weight loss, person centered dining, Nutrition Care Process and more! A great time saver, includes step by step guidelines to ensure that regulatory, nutritional, dietary needs are met for optimal health of individuals in your care.
Customizable Bonus Materials on Flash Drive:
- Policies and procedures
- Sample job descriptions
- Sample Competency checklists
- More than 70 sample forms and resources
New Policies and Procedures Include:
- Updates based on the CMS Phase I and II rules
- Menus and Therapeutic Diets: RDN order-writing privileges, Resident’s for eating at non-traditional times, Resident’s choice meals, Resident’s right to refuse a therapeutic diet
- Food Production and Food Safety: Use of non-disposable gloves, Handling and storage of food brought in from outside sources, Produce procured from local produce vendors, Inventory and Cost control, Preventing burns
- Sanitation and Infection Control: Foods brought in from outside the facility
- Personnel Training: CMS qualifications of Food and Nutrition Services Director, Competency checklists for Food and Nutrition Services staff, Nursing Staff serving in the dining room, and Food and Nutrition Service Director, Facility-wide inservice training, and Resource on Facilitation of adult learning
- Clinical Documentation and Nutrition Interventions: Resident assessment and criteria for enteral feeding, Implementation of the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative and Sample Letter to Physicians
- Disaster Planning: Emergency preparedness plan addressing safety and security of residents, staff and community; Back-up for electronic files
- Appendix: CMS Critical Pathways for Kitchen, Dining, Dialysis, Nutrition, Hospice and End of Life, Hydration, Tube Feeding; F Tag Crosswalk, List of Revised F Tags, Sample Job Descriptions and Work Schedules,Sample Competency Checklists, CMS Emergency Planning Checklist
This Best-Selling Manual Covers a Wide Range of Topics. See “Sample Pages” above for the full Table of Contents.
Need to purchase more than 10 copies, or use it on your corporate intranet? Contact us.