Learn the aspects of medical nutrition therapy for cancer prevention and treatment with this case based self-study course!
The required reading for this course contains a current and comprehensive discussion about the role of nutrition in prevention of cancer as well as the nutritional needs of adult and pediatric patients with a variety of cancer diagnoses and treatment regimens.
Topics in the required reading include but are not limited to:
• Nutrition and cancer prevention
• Nutrition risk screening
• Nutritional needs of the adult oncology patient
• Integrative oncology
• Diets, functional foods, dietary supplements, and medical cannabis
• Nutrition and cancer survival
• Nutritional effects of cancer treatments
• Nutrition and pediatric oncology
• Nutrition support in the oncology setting
• Medical nutrition therapy (MNT) for a wide variety of cancers
This CPE course will update the learner on all aspects of MNT as it relates to cancer. This CPE is appropriate for RDNs, NDTRs, CDCES, educators, and dietetic students that require a working knowledge of oncology.
A case-study based CPE exam will assist the learner in applying the material to their work setting.
Purchasing Options: Course includes hard copy book, course document, electronic test, and 1 certificate with passing grade. If you already have the book, use the “additional certificate” option.