Interpret and integrate evidence-based research and literature on prediabetes in decision-making with this case based self-study course!
This continuing professional education (CPE) self-study course includes required reading that is a comprehensive guide to the pathophysiology, complications, management, and reversal of prediabetes. The book provides an overview of the demographic, anthropometric, biobehavioral and biochemical factors that drive the transition from normal blood glucose to prediabetes. It also provides evidence-based information on the management of prediabetes and prevention of type 2 diabetes. The book is based on the premise that reversal of prediabetes and restoration of normal blood glucose levels carries numerous benefits and should be a primary goal of intervention in people with prediabetes. Topics covered include:
- Overview of the epidemiology and pathophysiology of diabetes.
- Evolution of terminology, global estimates, and diagnosis.
- Demographic, anthrometric, and behavorial predictors of progression from normal glucose regulation to prediabetes.
- Biochemical, hemodynamic, and inflammatory predictors of progression from normal glucose regulation to diabetes.
- Insights from genomics, transciptomics, microRNAs, metabolomics, and microbiomes.
- Progression to type 2 diabetes and development of premature microvascular and macrovascular complications.
- Approach to prevent progression from prediabetes to type 2 diabetes.
- Reversal of prediabetes and restoration of normal glucose regulation.
- Translating diabetes prevention practice in the community.
- Exploratory approaches to preventing type 2 diabetes.
A case-study based exam helps the reader apply the information to their work setting and patients.
Course includes hard copy book, electronic test and 1 certificate with passing grade.
Already have the book? Under “Product Options” simply choose “Additional Certificate” to purchase the CPE Self-Study Program.