This is the perfect course for anyone who works in nutrition and food service!
This course is based on the 2022 Food Code published by the US Public Health Service of the US Food and Drug Administration (USDA). Updated every 4 years, the Food Code provides guidance to food handling establishments on best practices to assure safe food handling. The provisions of the Food Code provide a system of prevention and overlapping safeguards designed to minimize foodborne illness; ensure employee health, industry manager knowledge, safe food, nontoxic and cleanable equipment, and acceptable levels of sanitation on food establishment premises; and promote fair dealings with the consumer.
The Food Code addresses controls for risk factors and further establishes 5 key public health interventions to protect consumer health. Food and nutrition care professionals who interact with commercial and/or health care food service operations need to have a working knowledge of the Food Code and how it affects operations. Participants who take this course will demonstrate an understanding of the content of the Food Code using case studies that help apply the knowledge learned.
Purchasing Options: This is available as eDocument plus CPE Test only. Includes a link to the required reading in the course document, electronic test, and 1 certificate with passing grade.
After completing this continuing professional education course, the learner should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of biological, environmental, physical or chemical properties that may cause food and water to be unsafe for human consumption in health care facilities.
- Develop, implement and adhere to policies and procedures to optimize food and water safety in health care facilities.
- Develop and implement food safety and sanitation programs in compliance with state and federal regulations that govern health care facilities.
- Design plans for the purchase of equipment for the production and service of food that meets required safety and sanitation in health care facilities.
This course is intended for: RDNs, NDTRS and CDMs
CDR Activity Number: 176330 Self Study Activity Type: 740 Web-based
CPE Level II
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators:
- 7.2.1 Applies knowledge of biological, environmental, physical or chemical properties that may cause food and water to be unsafe for human consumption.
- 7.2.5 Develops, implements and adheres to policies and procedures to optimize food and water safety.
- 7.2.7 Develops and implements food safety and sanitation programs in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- 13.1.2 Designs plans for the purchase of equipment for the production and service of food that meets required safety and sanitation.
Note: Numerous other Performance Indicators may apply.
This course has been approved by the Certifying Board of Dietary Managers (CDBM).
Hours: 10 Sanitation CE
Approval Number: 167611
Each CDM in attendance will be required to report their CE hours by logging into their online account at www.ANFPonline.org.
CDMs are to retain a copy of the certificate of completion in the event they are audited.
From CBDM: “All CBDM Prior Approved programs are subjected to the CE hour limitations for a program type as defined by CBDM policy. For more information, please refer to The CBDM Guide to Maintaining your Credential”.
This self-study course includes required reading, a downloadable course document and an online exam with multiple choice, case study based questions. This course exam includes 40 questions. Upon passing the test, the learner can download and print the certificate.
Required Reading for this Course: The Food Code is a US Public Health Service, US Food & Drug Administration publication. Many individuals devoted considerable time and effort in addressing concerns and developing recommendations that are now reflected in the Food Code. These individuals represent a wide diversity of regulators, educators, industry leaders, and consumer representatives acting through their agencies, companies, professional groups, or trade organizations (a link to the article is included in the downloadable course document).
Disclaimer: The text/book associated with this course is required solely for the course taker to learn the underlying principles which they will apply in taking a case-study based exam. Neither the authors nor the publishers of the text/book have contributed to or endorsed this course.
There are no reviews yet.