Earn 25 CPEs while learning how to implement current nutrition guidelines for patients with kidney disease.
The required reading for this course presents practical guidance for nutrition practitioners working with patients with a variety of kidney disorders. The book includes the most recent nutrition guidelines released by the Kidney Disease Outcomes Quality Initiative (KDOQI) and addresses topics that reflect the scope of practice and standard of care for patients with kidney disease in all settings. Specific topic areas included in the required reading include but are not limited to:
- Nutrition management in CKD stages 1-5, including hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- Nutrition management of the adult patient who has received a kidney transplant
- Nutrition management of diabetes, bone disorders and CVD in kidney disease
- Nutrition management of patients who are pregnant with kidney disease
- Kidney disease and pediatrics
- Enteral and parenteral nutrition and kidney disease
- Medications and dietary supplements used for patients with kidney disease
- Guidelines for patients following vegetarian or vegan diets with kidney disease
A case-study based CPE examination helps the reader apply information in the course to their work setting and patient population.
Course includes hard copy book, electronic test and 1 certificate with passing grade.
Already have the book? Under “Product Options” simply choose “CPE Test Only ” to purchase the CPE Self-Study Program.
There are no reviews yet.