Learn how the brain works, the possible mechanisms for its decline, and strategies for strengthening its resiliency with this case based self-study course!
This continuing professional education self-study course includes required reading which provides an overview of how the brain works, the possible mechanisms for its decline, and strategies for strengthening its resiliency. Topics covered include:
- The science behind memory and how the brain forms, organizes, and loses memories.
- Common causes for cognitive decline and the areas of the brain impacted.
- Myths about brain health and 5 pillars (Move, Discover, Relax, Nourish, and Connect) for protecting brain health and promoting its resiliency.
- Strategies for putting the 5 pillars in action, including tips for healthy eating, creating social connections, getting better sleep, and more.
- What to do if you or a loved are diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia.
- Summaries of research and stories from experts and individuals who have worked to improve their brain health over time, even those already with cognitive impairment.
The course includes case study-based questions to assess knowledge and understanding of content and require the learner to apply the information as if implementing it in practice.
Purchasing Options: Course includes hard copy book, course document, electronic test, and 1 certificate with passing grade. If you already have the book, use the “additional certificate” option.