Thanks to the generous support of Hormel Health Labs, we will be offering a free 1 hour webinar to provide information and resources to assist you during this difficult time.
As new information emerges daily about COVID-19, we must keep current with the most recent “best practice” and credible information to prevent and manage nutritional care of our patients/residents/clients. To facilitate proactive actions for emerging issues related to food and nutrition for regulatory compliance and “best practice”; this session will present the most current guidelines and resources from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and other leading health organizations.
After attending this session attendees will be able to:
- Identify key resources for “best practice” in nutrition and food safety for effective implementation
- Educate food and nutrition staff on how to keep employees and patients/residents safe
- Educate staff using credible resources
- Utilize practical applications of emerging best practice guidelines to meet physical and psychosocial needs in post-acute care patients/residents
This course is intended for: RDNs, NDTRs, CDMs
CDR Activity Number: Live 154591 Recorded 154668 Approved for 1 CPE (expires 3/25/23)
Activity Type: 171 Live Webinar OR 175 Recorded Pre-Approved CPE
CPE Level: 2
Suggested CDR Learning Needs Codes:
- 1080 Legislation, public policy
- 7060 Emergency and disaster management
- 7100 Institution/regulatory policies and procedures
- 8040 Food Safety, HAACP, and sanitation
- 8090 Menu Planning
- 8050 Food distribution and service
- 7050 Customer Service
Suggested Performance Indicators:
- 1.5.1 Stays current of, complies with and models national, state and local legislation, policies and standards.
- 7.2.9 Develops and communicates awareness of disaster planning and food and water safety.
- 7.3.1 Recognizes the environmental implications of infectious diseases, compromised health conditions and outbreaks and identifies and implements required preventive action for public safety.
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
Note: Numerous Other Learning Needs Codes and Performance Indicators May Apply.
This course has been submitted for approval by the Certifying Board of Dietary Managers (CDBM).
Hours: 1 CEU (expires 3/25/23)
Approval Number: 165416
Each CDM in attendance will be required to report their CE hours by logging into their online account at www.ANFPonline.org.
CDMs are to retain a copy of the certificate of completion in the event they are audited.
From CBDM: “All CBDM Prior Approved programs are subjected to the CE hour limitations for a program type as defined by CBDM policy. For more information, please refer to The CBDM Guide to Maintaining your Credential”.
Brenda Richardson, MA, RDN, LD, CD is president of Brenda Richardson, MA, RDN, LD, CD, LLC. She is a well-known leader in the field of dietetics, a nationally acclaimed speaker, author, LTC nutrition-legal expert and consultant to health care providers. She conducts nationwide nutrition seminars for clinical nutrition and food service professionals, and provides crisis management consultation in LTC facilities having Level G and Serious and Immediate Jeopardy citations in Nutrition and Hydration.
Brenda has been very active in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics as past chair of DHCC and the Academy Political Action Committee; she served on the Academy Positions Committee, IMPACT ACT Task Force and CMS Workgroup; and currently serves on the Finance and Audit Committee.
Disclosures: Brenda is on the advisory council and a consultant to Hormel Health Labs.
Anna de Jesus, MBA, RDN is president of Nutrition Alliance, LLC established in January 2000. She is well respected in the field of nutrition and dining services. Anna has 30 years experience in various roles as consultant, regional dietitian, food service director, expert witness, author and speaker. A strong advocate of continuous improvement, Anna continues to steer Nutrition Alliance in a progressive direction with regulations, dining programs, clinical processes and menus. She is a leader with various organizations including the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietetic in Health Care Communities Network, Arizona American Healthcare Association, Dietary Manager’s Association, and Assisted Living Foundation of America, AZ Chapter.
Disclosures: Anna de Jesus has no disclosures to report and certifies that no conflict of interest exists for this program.
Candace S. Johnson, RDN, CSG, FAND is owner and President of C.S. Johnson and Associates, Inc. and Rocky Mountain Nutrition Systems, Inc. With over 40 years as a practicing dietitian, she works with the elderly in a variety of settings including long term care, assisted living, community and hospice care. She has had experience as a food service director and clinical dietitian in large urban hospitals, a cancer research center and a diabetic educator for the American Diabetes Association. She has been a speaker for a variety of groups including health care associations, health care practitioners and nutrition professionals. Awards include Colorado Outstanding Dietitian of the Year, Consulting Dietitian of the Year and Consulting Dietitian in Health Care Facilities, Distinguished Member of the Year and the Abbott Leadership Award. Professional association positions include Colorado Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, President, Delegate and Legislative Network Coordinator, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Public Policy Committee member and Policy Advocacy Leader for Healthy Aging DPG.
Disclosures: Candace S. Johnson has no disclosures to report and certifies that no conflict of interest exists for this program.
Please click here: Handouts for Recorded Webinar
Please submit your questions to email@example.com. We will allow a few days for your submissions and will do our best to answer the most frequently asked questions pertaining to COVID-19 and food and nutrition services. Our plan is to post all Q&A on our website at beckydorner/covid19. Please check our website for frequent updates.
To receive certificate, please sign into your BDA account.
- Click on Add Test to Your Account button below. This will automatically add the test to your account.
- Go to Member Area and in your account, click on Tests/Certificate tab.
- Scroll down to Send or Use Additional Tests/Certificates. Find the corresponding program and click on Use.
- Scroll up to Tests/Certificates and click Start to obtain your certificate.