Free 1 CPE! Earn your Ethics CPE with this webinar!
Join food and nutrition expert, Anna de Jesus, MBA, RDN and get an update on all things regulatory for the skilled nursing facility setting!
Many changes have recently occurred with regulatory clarification and updates in the world of skilled nursing facilities. Join Anna de Jesus, MBA, RD as she reviews clarifications to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) State Operations Manual Appendix PP, survey process, and upcoming changes to the US Food Code. Anna will also share the top survey citations nationwide and share best practices to achieve a positive outcome on your next survey.
This complimentary webinar is brought to you with the generous support of
By registering, you agree to allow your information to be shared with Hormel Health Labs.
After completing this continuing education course the learner should be able to:
- Identify the top skilled nursing facility (SNF) citations in food and nutrition annual CMS surveys.
- Review new changes to the CMS Appendix PP Guidance to Surveyors.
- Provide best practice systems to ensure deficiency free inspections.
This course is intended for: RDNs, NDTRs and CDMs
CDR Activity Number: Live: 174137 / Recorded: 174138 (Recorded expires on January 19, 2026 )
Activity Type: 171 Live Webinar/ 175 Recorded Pre-Approved CPE
1.0 CPE CPE Level: 2
CDR Performance Indicators
- 1.2.2 Keeps abreast of and complies with national, state, and local legislation, regulations, policies and standards.
- 7.3.1 Recognizes the environmental implications of infectious diseases, compromised health conditions and outbreaks, and implements preventive action for public safety.
- 8.2.4 Integrates new knowledge of disease states and clinical conditions into practice.
Note: Numerous other Performance Indicators may apply.
This course has been submitted for approval by the Certifying Board of Dietary Managers (CBDM).
Hours: 1.0 Ethics CPE
Approval Number: 167357
Each CDM in attendance will be required to report their CE hours by logging into their online account at www.ANFPonline.org.
CDMs are to retain a copy of the certificate of completion in the event they are audited.
From CBDM: “All CBDM Prior Approved programs are subjected to the CE hour limitations for a program type as defined by CBDM policy. For more information, please refer to The CBDM Guide to Maintaining your Credential”.
Anna de Jesus, MBA, RDN is president of Nutrition Alliance, LLC established in January 2000. She is well respected in the field of nutrition and dining services. Anna has 30 years experience in various roles as consultant, regional dietitian, food service director, expert witness, author and speaker. A strong advocate of continuous improvement, Anna continues to steer Nutrition Alliance in a progressive direction with regulations, dining programs, clinical processes and menus. She is a leader with various organizations including the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietetic in Health Care Communities Network, Arizona American Healthcare Association, Dietary Manager’s Association, and Assisted Living Foundation of America, AZ Chapter.
Disclosures: Anna de Jesus has no disclosures to report and certifies that no conflict of interest exists for this program.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) and Commission on Dietetic Registration(CDR) are not responsible for the provider’s interpretation of the Academy/CDR Code of Ethics for the Nutrition and Dietetics Profession or its enforcement as it relates to the scenarios and content presented in this activity.
Q&A for Long Term Care Regulatory Updates
To receive your certificate, after listening to the webinar, please sign into your BDA account and follow these instructions:
- Click on the “Add Test to Your Account” button below this message. This will automatically add the test to your account.
- Go to “Member Area” and in your account, click on the “Tests/Certificate” tab.
- Scroll down to “Send or Use Additional Tests/Certificates”. Find the corresponding program and click on “Use”.
- Scroll up to “Tests/Certificates” and click “Start” to obtain your certificate.