Free course! Earn your CDR required Ethics CPE!
(Expires April 22, 2022)
This course is based on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Code of Ethics. The Code of Ethics applies to nutrition and dietetics practitioners who act in a wide variety of capacities. The Code provides general principles and specific ethical standards for situations frequently encountered in daily practice. The primary goal is the protection of the individuals, groups, organizations, communities, or populations with whom the practitioner works and interacts. This course meets the requirements for the Commission on Dietetic Registration’s required 1 CPE credit on ethics in each 5 year cycle of their Professional Development Portfolio.
Course includes downloadable document for reading and 1 CPE certificate.
After completing this continuing education course, the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of situations that result in an ethical dilemma.
- Apply logical steps in the approach to ethical decision-making.
- Analyze work-place situations to determine whether there is a Code of Ethics violation.
This course is intended for: RDNs, CDEs and NDTRs
CDR Activity Number: 148077 Self Study Activity Type: 720 Printed
CPE Level 2
Suggested CDR Learning Needs Codes:
- 1000 Professional skills
- 1010 Career planning, Standards of Practice, Standards of Professional Performance, Scope of Dietetics Practice Framework
- 1050 Ethics
- 7020 Conflict management
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators:
- 1.1.1 Accepts own responsibility and accountability for actions and decisions related to customers.
- 1.1.4 Practices with honesty, integrity, transparency, and fairness.
- 1.1.6 Recognizes and manages situations with ethical implications.
- 1.1.8 Adheres to the Standards of Professional Performance for RDNs (or NDTRs).
Note: Numerous other CDR Learning Need Codes and Performance Indicators may apply.
Author and Item Writer:
LInda S. Eck Mills, MBA, RDN, LDN, FADA
For ease of completion, please sign into you BDA account.
- To begin the program, please click on link below to download the self study document.
- After reading and reviewing the document, click on Add Test to Account button. This will automatically add the test to your account.
- Go to Member Area and in your account, click on Tests/Certificate tab.
- Find the corresponding program and click on Start to obtain your certificate.
Self Study Document: Understanding and Applying the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Code of Ethics