Free course! Earn your CDR required ethics CPE!
(Expires October 24, 2025)
This course is based on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Code of Ethics. This Code applies to nutrition and dietetics practitioners who act in a wide variety of capacities. The Code provides general principles and specific ethical standards for situations frequently encountered in daily practice. The primary goal is the protection of the individuals, groups, organizations, communities, or populations with whom the practitioner works and interacts. This course meets the requirements for the Commission on Dietetic Registration’s required 1 CPE credit on ethics for each 5 year cycle of the Professional Development Portfolio.
Course includes downloadable eDocument for reading and CPE Test.
After completing this continuing education course, the learner should be able to:
- Recognize and disclose any conflicts of interests, including any financial interests in products or services.
- Recognize actual or potential ethical issues and dilemmas encountered in practice.
- Use an ethical framework to guide decisions.
- Use ethical reasoning and decision-making processes to address ethical dilemmas.
This course is intended for: RDNs and NDTRs
CDR Activity Number: 173095 Self Study Activity Type: 720 Printed
CPE Level 2
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators:
- 1.2.1 Recognizes and discloses any conflicts of interests, including any financial interests in products or services.
- 1.3.1 Recognizes actual or potential ethical issues and dilemmas encountered in practice.
- 1.3.2 Uses an ethical framework to guide decisions.
- 1.3.3 Uses ethical reasoning and decision-making processes to address ethical dilemmas.
Note: Numerous other Performance Indicators may apply.
Liz Friedrich, MPH, RDN, CSG, LDN, FAND, NWCC, President, Friedrich Nutrition Consulting
Becky Dorner, RDN, LD, FAND, President, Becky Dorner & Associates, Inc.
Self Study Document: Understanding and Applying the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Code of Ethics
To receive your certificate, after listening to the webinar, please sign into your BDA account and follow these instructions:
- Click on the “Add Test to Your Account” button below this message. This will automatically add the test to your account.
- Go to “Member Area” and in your account, click on the “Tests/Certificate” tab.
- Scroll down to “Send or Use Additional Tests/Certificates”. Find the corresponding program and click on “Use”.
- Scroll up to “Tests/Certificates” and click “Start” to obtain your certificate.