Strengthen your wound care skills! Join award winning dietitian, Mary Litchford, PhD, RDN, LDN to learn the latest on how nutrition plays a role in healing those hard to heal wounds!
Perplexed with what to do for individuals with wounds that are slow to heal or wounds that are worsening? Looking for proactive approaches to actively incorporate nutrition-related clinical practice guidelines to promote wound healing? The focus of this webinar is to employ critical reasoning and professional judgement in decision making and problem solving relevant to nutrition approaches for hard to heal pressure injuries in a collaborative care setting.
Note: If you purchase the live session, the recording is automatically added to your BDA account. Please allow up to 2 weeks for us to finalize the recording. To access the recording, sign into your BDA account at: https://www.beckydorner.com/ and choose Webinars.
After completing this continuing education course the learner should be able to:
- Integrate the knowledge of nutrition science, disease processes and evidence based research relevant to pressure injury prevention and wound healing.
- Apply the principles of collaborative care pertinent to pressure injury prevention and wound healing.
- Employ critical reasoning and professional judgement and problem solving relevant to pressure injury prevention and wound healing.
This course is intended for: RDNs, CDEs and NDTRs
CDR Activity Number: Live: 160223 / Recorded: 160224
Activity Type: 171 Live Webinar / 175 Recorded Pre-approved CPE
CPE Level: 2
- 8.1.5 Applies medical nutrition therapy in disease prevention and management.
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current dietetic knowledge and skills.
- 8.3.7 Integrates new knowledge and skills into practice.
- 10.2.9 In collaboration with the client and interdisciplinary team selects and implements current and evidence based nutrition interventions and patients education.
Note: Numerous other Performance Indicators may apply.
Mary Litchford, PhD, RDN, LD is a trailblazer in the field of dietetics known internationally as an acclaimed speaker, author, and consultant to health care providers. She is president of CASE Software & Books, a professional and educational resource company focusing on advanced level continuing education for RDNs and instructional materials for dietetics students.
She presents programs across the country, and has written numerous professional reference books, continuing education programs, instructional software programs, chapters in college textbooks and Academy publications, refereed scholarly articles and other professional publications. She is Past President of the National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel (only the 2nd RDN to ever hold this prestigious position).Additionally, Dr. Litchford is one of the NPIAP representatives to the 2019 Guideline Goverance Group responsible for the 2019 Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Injuries Clinical Practice Guideline (she is the first RDN to serve on the Guideline Governance Group).
Disclosures: Dr. Litchford is a consultant to Prosynthesis and Medline Industries, and receives honorariums from Abbott Nutrition and Nestle Nutrition. She is also President of CASE Software & Books and the author of advanced CE programs on wounds. However, she has confirmed no conflict of interest exists for this program.