Let Dr. Litchford help you sharpen your assessment and diagnosis skills to detect malnutrition using nutrition focused physical assessment (NFPA).
This webinar focuses on identification of physical signs and symptoms of macro and micro nutrient deficiencies including malnutrition in children and adults.
Learn how to integrate NFPA into your current assessment of lab test results and dietary intake data.
“My nutrition consulting company (with over 50 RDNs) uses Becky Dorner & Associates nearly exclusively to meet our continuing education needs outside of our own in-person training. I trust that any continuing education provided by BDA is current, on-point and delivered in a professional and... Read More
After completing this continuing education course, the learner should be able to:
- Discuss the use of nutrition focused physical assessment as a tool used in conjunction with health history, anthropometric data, lab test results and dietary intake data.
- Examine the diagnostic characteristics of malnutrition for children and adults
- Discuss interpretation of physical signs and biomarkers using sample case studies.
This course is intended for: RDNs, NDTRs, and CDEs
CDR Activity Number: Recorded 136195
Activity Type: 175 Recorded Pre-Approved CPE
CPE Level: 2
Suggested CDR Learning Codes:
- 3000 Nutrition assessment and diagnosis
- 3010 Assessment methodology
- 5000 Medical nutrition therapy
- 5100 Elderly
Additional Learning Needs Codes: 3010, 3020, 3060, 4170, 4180, 4190, 5010, 5030, 5040, 5050, 5070, 5090
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators:
- 4.1.1 Demonstrates effective problem solving and professional judgement to address a need.
- 4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
- 8.1.2 Applies knowledge of food and nutrition as well as the biological, physical and social sciences in practice.
- 8.1.3 Integrates knowledge of macronutrients and micronutrients for absorption, digestion and metabolism throughout the life span in practice.
Additional Performance Indicators may apply (including but not limited to): 8.3.1, 8.3.6, 10.2.1, 10.2.3, 10.2.4
Additional Learning Needs Codes and Performance Indicators may apply.
Mary Litchford, PhD, RDN, LDN is an acclaimed speaker, author, and consultant to health care providers. She received her PhD in human nutrition from the University of North Carolina-Greensboro. Her professional career has included clinical practice, university teaching, and business consulting.
She is president of CASE Software & Books, a professional and educational resource company. She is a member of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics and Academy of Nutrition and was a participant on the Dietetics Evidence Analysis Work Group on Wound Care. She is currently serving as president of the National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel.
Disclosures: Consultant to Prosynthesis Labs, and President of Case Software and Books. There are no conflicts of interest for this webinar.