Polish your knowledge and increase your competency with this course that covers lipid disorders, hypertension, diabetes, and weight management.
Clients with these issues comprise a large number of the people who need medical nutrition therapy. This course includes a pocket guide that provides easy to find and useful information on the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) and Evidence Based Nutrition Practice Guidelines (EBNPG) needed in the practice setting. Each stage of the NCP as it relates to all aspects of each of four disorders is addressed in this course.
Note: This is a pocket guide so the print is small.
Already have the book? Under “Product Options” simply choose “Additional Certificate” to purchase the CPE Self-Study Program.
“I have been recommending Becky Dorner & Associates’ products to my clients and fellow clinicians for 20 years. They provide the most current information and educational resources on topics relevant to my practice by striving to make key issues easy to understand and implement. It’s... Read More
After completing this continuing education course, the learner should be able to:
- Integrate Evidence Based Nutrition Practice Guidelines into the Nutrition Care Process for lipid disorders, hypertension, diabetes, and weight management.
- Describe the steps and components of the Nutrition Care Process.
- Understand the differing recommendations for nutrition care from various health organizations.
- Understand how to implement medical nutrition therapy for lipid disorders, hypertension, diabetes, and weight management.
- Accurately interpret disease specific laboratory tests according to disease specific criteria.
- Accurately assess and determine client specific needs for macro- and micro- nutrients.
- Effectively utilize behavior change strategies and teaching tips.
- Utilize numerous resources to enhance medical nutrition therapy and encourage self-efficacy.
This course is intended for: RDNs, CDEs, NDTRs, and CBDMs
CDR Activity Number: 138863 Self Study Activity Type: 720 Printed
CPE Level: 2
Suggested CDR Learning Needs Codes:
- 3000 Nutrition Assessment
- 5000 Medical Nutrition Therapy
- 5390 Care planning, documentation, and evaluation
- 6010 Behavior change theories, techniques
Additional Learning Needs Codes that may apply (including but not limited to): 3005, 3010, 3030, 3060, 3090, 5000, 5090, 5160, 5190, 5260, 5370, 5390, 5410, 6000, 6030, 6060, 6070
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators:
- 8.2.4 Imparts knowledge of the importance of physical activity and applies behavior change principles to promote physical activity and decrease inactivity.
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
- 10.2.4 Integrates foundational dietetics knowledge with critical appraisal of assessment data to diagnose nutrition problems (using problem solving, etiology, signs and symptoms, (PES) statements), which can be resolved or improved through treatment or nutrition intervention.
- 10.2.8 Establishes the plan of care, directly addressing the nutrition diagnosis in collaboration with the patient in defining the time, frequency and duration of the intervention.
Additional Performance Indicators may apply (including but not limited to): 2.1.5, 3.3.4, 6.1.4, 8.1.1, 9.1.1, 9.1.2, 9.1.3, 9.5.4, 10.1.1, 10.1.3, 10.1.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2, 10.2.3, 10.2.5, 10.2.6, 10.2.8, 10.2.9, 10.2.10, 10.4.2, 12.4.6
Additional Learning Needs Codes and Performance Indicators may apply.
Marion J Franz, MS, RDN, CDE
Jackie L. Boucher, MS, RDN, CDE
Raquel Franzini Pereira, MS, RDN
These authors have over 65 years of collective experience providing medical nutrition therapy.