Join Dr. Mary Litchford and learn how to demonstrate that your nutrition interventions improve quality outcomes for your patients/residents.
Nutrition-related quality measures include skin integrity, sarcopenia, functional and cognitive status, falls and readmissions.
Learn tactical nutrition approaches to integrate evidence-based research and literature relevant to nutrition-related quality measurement domains of IMPACT Act into your practice.
It's vital for professionals to know best practices. This CPE program provides comprehensive policies and procedures without the need to spend hours developing the manual. Plenty of useful forms and references. - Linda S. Eck Mills, MBA, RDN, LDN, FADA
After completing this continuing education course, the learner should be able to:
- Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature relevant to nutrition-related quality measurement domains defined in the IMPACT Act of 2014.
- Integrates relevant information on skin integrity. sarcopenia, functional and cognitive status, falls and readmissions with previous learning, experience, and current practice models.
- Equates the role of nutrition interventions with measured quality outcomes.
This course is intended for: RDNs, NDTRs, and CDEs
CDR Activity Number: Live 138351/Recorded 138542
Activity Type: 171 Live Webinar OR 175 Recorded Pre-Approved CPE
CPE Level: 2
Suggested CDR Learning Codes:
- 3020 Assessment of target groups, populations
- 5040 Long-term, Intermediate, Assisted Living
- 5090 Adults
- 5100 Elderly
Additional Learning Needs Codes that may apply (including but not limited to): 3060, 5030, 5050, 5380
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators :
- 4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
- 4.2.7 Integrates relevant information with previous learning, experience, professional knowledge and current practice models.
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
Note: Additional Learning Needs Codes and Performance Indicators may apply.
Dr. Mary Litchford, PhD, RDN, LDN is an acclaimed speaker, author, and consultant to health care providers. She received her PhD in human nutrition from the University of North Carolina-Greensboro. Her professional career has included clinical practice, university teaching, and business consulting.
She is president of CASE Software & Books, a professional and educational resource company. She is a member of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics and Academy of Nutrition and was a participant on the Dietetics Evidence Analysis Work Group on Wound Care. She is currently serving as president of the National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel.
Disclosures: Drl Litchford is a consultant to Prosynthesis Labs, and President, Case Software and Books. There are no conflicts of interest for this webinar.