Prepare to effectively counsel clients on reconnecting with their internal wisdom about eating with this new evidence-based course!
This continuing professional education self-study course includes required reading of the book Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach.
Intuitive eating is a way of reconnecting with one’s internal wisdom about eating. Many RDNs are incorporating intuitive eating into their counseling practices. This CPE program that uses information from the fourth edition of the book will assisst RDNs in helping their clients to unlearn everything they were taught about calorie-counting and other aspects of diet culture and to learn about the harm of weight stigma. The book allows individuals to:
- Follow the 10 principles of Intuitive Eating to achieve a new and trusting relationship with food.
- Fight against diet culture and reject diet mentality forever.
- Find satisfaction in their food choices.
- Exercise kindness toward their feelings, their bodies, and themselves.
- Prevent or heal the wounds of an eating disorder.
- Respect their bodies and make peace with food―at any age, weight, or stage of development.
- Follow body positive feeds for inspiration and validation.
This CPE course is appropriate for RDNs, NDTRs and other health care professionals that work with patients that have eating disorders, weight concerns, or those who want to make peace with food for other reasons. The course includes case study based questions that require the learner to apply the information as if implementing it into practice and assisting their clients.
Purchasing Options: Course includes hard copy book, course document, electronic test, and 1 certificate with passing grade. If you already have the book, use the “additional certificate” option.