Learn the various aspects of nutrition care for patients that have metabolic and bariatric surgery with this case based self-study course!
This course is appropriate for registered dietitian nutritionists, certified dietitian counseling education specialists, nutrition dietetic technicians, registered, and other healthcare professionals who work with MBS patients. A case-study based CPE exam will assist the learner in applying the material to their work setting.
Topics covered in the required reading include but are not limited to:
- Evaluation and nutrition care of preoperative and immediate postoperative patients.
- Nutrition care during weight stabilization.
- Inadequate weight loss and weight regain after MBS.
- MBS in adolescents.
- Special considerations after MBS.
- Nutrition support therapy after MBS.
- Endoscopic bariatric surgeries.
An extensive appendix outlines post-operative diet stages, biochemical surveillance, nutrition care tools, management of complications, nutrition troubleshooting, and nutrition counseling and education strategies.
Purchasing Options: Course includes hard copy book, course document, electronic test, and 1 certificate with passing grade. If you already have the book, use the “additional certificate” option.