Join Brenda Richardson, MA, RDN, LD, CD, FAND for Webinar 3 in this series on the new CMS guidelines for nursing facilities. Please note: If you have not listened to Webinar 1, we suggest that you do so.
The new Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Phase II LTC Requirements of Participation (ROP) and Survey Process are here and integrating food, nutrition and dining are integral components for success. Two webinars will explore the CMS revised Requirements for Participation for Medicare and Medicaid-certified nursing facilities and the new Survey Process.
Key food, nutrition and dining areas in the Advance Copy – Revisions to State Operations Manual Appendix PP F-Tags effective November 28, 2017 will be presented along with helpful resources to assist in regulatory compliance.
Webinar 2 includes:
- In-depth review of the Phase II nursing facility F Tags 540-949 related to food/nutrition and dining
- Review ofProbes and Potential Tags for Investigation
- Discussion of Enforcement Considerations
- Training Resources Available
“I prefer Becky Dorner & Associates to other CPE providers because they have the most relevant, cutting-edge topics at an affordable price. Not only are the continuing education programs enjoyable and useful, but the E-zine and other publications keep me up to date on what... Read More
After completing this continuing education course, the learner should be able to:
- Understand the Phase II nursing facility F Tags 540- F949 related to food/nutrition and dining.
- Review the Probes and Potential Tags for Investigation.
- Discuss Enforcement Considerations.
- Identify resources to assist in facility implementation of food, nutrition and dining for regulatory compliance.
This course is intended for: RDNs and NDTRs
CDR Activity Number: Recorded 142463
Activity Type: 175 Recorded Pre-Approved CPE
CPE Level: 2
Suggested CDR Learning Needs Codes:
- 1070 Leadership, critical and strategic thinking
- 5040 Long-term, intermediate, assisted living
- 7100 Institution/Regulatory Policies and Procedures, HCFA, OBRA, Joint Commission, NCQA, OSHA, USDA
- 7160 Quality Management
Additional Learning Needs Codes that may apply (including but not limited to): 3020, 3060, 4170, 4180, 4190, 5010, 5030, 5040, 5050, 5070, 5090
Suggested CDR Performance Indicators:
- 1.5.1 Stays current of, complies with and models national, state and local legislation, policies and standards
- 6.1.3 Establishes goals for improving quality of services provided
- 6.1.7 Evaluates, documents and communicates quality improvement outcomes
- 10.4.5 Adheres to legislation, regulations, standards and organization policies related to recommending, prescribing and dispensing vitamins and minerals, dietary supplements, functional foods and medical nutrition foods/products
Additional Performance Indicators may apply (including but not limited to): 1.2.1, 3.1.3, 5.2.7, 6.2.4, 6.2.5, 8.2.5, 8.3.6, 12.3.4, 12.3.8
Additional Learning Needs Codes and Performance Indicators may apply.
Brenda Richardson, MA, RDN, LD, CD, FAND is President of Brenda Richardson MA, RDN, LD, CD, LLC with has more than thirty years of proven success in directing multi-million dollar food service and nutrition operations.
Brenda is a national lecturer, author/contributing author of many professional books and publications, and serves on state and national offices in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Her expertise is in demand as she has successfully assisted healthcare facilities cited with serious and immediate jeopardy deficiencies, achieve and sustain positive nutritional outcomes. Brenda serves on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) IMPACT Act Task Force and the Academy CMS Work Group; the Academy Positions Committee, and is Past- Chair of the Board of Directors for the Academy Political Action Committee (ANDPAC).
Brenda’s practical experience and skills put her in demand for advocating the profession, and professional speaking throughout the country.
Disclosures: Brenda Richardson certifies that there are no disclosures for this webinar.