This is the perfect course for anyone who works with parenteral nutrition, or anyone who needs to brush up on their knowledge and skills!
This comprehensive and evidence-based course includes a concise pocket-sized reference for use in practice as well as a case study based course for applying your new found knowledge.
This continuing professional education self-study course is based on The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Pocket Guide to Parenteral Nutrition, 2nd edition, which was published in 2019. This evidence-based guide can be used as a valuable tool by members of the nutrition support team in hospitals, post-acute care facilities, and home settings. It is an appropriate reference for audiences that range from students to the advanced practitioner.
The book is an easy-to-understand, evidence-based guide for determining the need for parenteral nutrition, ordering nutrient solutions, monitoring patient response to therapy, and coordinating care with patients, caregivers, and other members of the healthcare team. Topics covered in the book include:
- Practitioner indications for parenteral nutrition.
- Information on vascular access, delivery systems and intravenous pumps.
- A discussion of parenteral nutrients and formulations.
- Initiation, advancement, and acute complications with parenteral nutrition.
- Information on metabolic complications of long-term parenteral nutrition.
- Delivery of parenteral nutrition in the home and at alternate sites.
This course uses a case-study based format to assess the reader’s knowledge and understanding of the content and their ability to apply it to clinical practice
Course includes hard copy book and 1 certificate.
Already have the book? Under “Product Options”, simply choose “Additional Certificate” to purchase the CPE self-study program.