SPECIAL EVENT! Earn 2 CPEs for this joint webinar with Becky Dorner & Associates and Today’s Dietitian.
This program will provide you with the evidence based current diabetes care guidelines you need to support your nutrition practice.
Receive the webinar for FREE by ordering the course below. Add the course to your cart, and when checking out use coupon code: DiabWeb
Diabetes is a complex chronic illness requiring ongoing education and support in order to reduce the risk of serious complications. Over 34 million adults have diabetes and approximately 88 million have prediabetes. Lifestyle modification is the cornerstone of diabetes care and RDNs are uniquely qualified members of the healthcare team who can guide those with prediabetes or diabetes towards better outcomes. As professionals, we must keep abreast of current guidelines to provide the best evidence-based nutrition care.
Join Kathy Warwick, RDN, CDCES as she provides an update on the American Diabetes Association’s “2022 Standards of Medical Care for Diabetes” focused on current relevant guidelines for RDNs involved in diabetes care.
Note: If you purchase the live session, the recording is automatically added to your BDA account within a few days of the live event. To access the recording, sign into your BDA account at: https://www.beckydorner.com/ and choose Webinars.
After completing this continuing education course the learner should be able to:
- Discuss the key revisions of the 2022 American Diabetes Association Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes.
- Integrate and individualize the current nutrition care guidelines when caring for adults with prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.
- Identify opportunities for diabetes self-management education during the continuum of diabetes care.
- Explain the roles and opportunities for RDNs in diabetes treatment and prevention, including remote health monitoring and telehealth.
This course is intended for: RDNs and CDCESs
CDR Activity Number: Live: 167553 / Recorded: 167554
Activity Type: 171 Live Webinar/ 175 Recorded Pre-approved CPE
CPE Level: 2
Suggested Performance Indicators:
- 2.1.1 Assesses the communication needs of individuals, groups and populations to provide effective communication.
- 8.2.1 Engages in educational activities to maintain knowledge and to obtain new knowledge of diseases and clinical conditions.
- 8.2.3 Analyzes new information and how it impacts medical nutrition therapy.
- 9.4.5 Implements individualized teaching plans in order to promote, maintain and enhance nutritional health and learning.
Note: Numerous other Performance Indicators may apply.
Kathy Warwick, RD, CDCES is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist with 39 years of experience in several areas of dietetics practice. She is owner of Professional Nutrition Consultants, LLC in Madison, Mississippi, providing diabetes education and support, long term care consultation, hospice consultation, wellness program services, media communications and medical-legal consultation.
Kathy speaks regularly to community and professional groups and has presented multiple national webinars. She has authored several articles and serves as a medical reviewer for Heatlhline.com and Medical News Today. Kathy currently serves as the Associate Editor of On the Cutting Edge, for the Diabetes Dietetic Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. She is a Past-President of the Mississippi Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. In her spare time, Kathy enjoys her grand babies, gardening, caring for her chickens, yoga, and a weekly art class.
Disclosures: Kathy is Consultant to Hormel Health Labs and Becky Dorner & Associates. However, she has certified that no conflict of interest exists for this program.