FREE! Complimentary Webinar with Ethics Credit!
For CPE Certificate, scroll down and click on Add Test to Your Account button below.
Become a competent and effective nutrition practitioner through understanding the beliefs and cultural preferences of your customers.
Delivering culturally sensitive nutrition education, medical nutrition therapy and menu options will enhance acceptance and ultimately health outcomes.
After completing this continuing education course the learner should be able to:
- Identify and enhance cultural competency/humility awareness.
- Recognize the existence of similarities and differences among diverse populations and describe ways to implement culturally appropriate strategies.
- Utilize strategies and resources to deliver nutrition services based on beliefs and cultural preferences of the customers.
This course is intended for: RDNs, CDE/CDCES, NDTRs and CDMs
CDR Activity Number: Live:160480 / Recorded:160481
Activity Type: 171 Live Webinar / 175 Recorded Pre-approved CPE
CPE Level: 2
- 1.3.9 Recognizes and incorporates knowledge of cultural and/or religious foods, practices and preparation.
- 2.2.2 Considers and respects the opinions, creativity, values, beliefs and perspectives of others.
- 8.2.3 Implements individualized services to reflect customer-centered approach as it pertains to the customer’s physical, social, cultural, institutional and economic environment.
- 13.2.7 Modifies recipes and menus that accommodate diverse health, economic and cultural needs in order to achieve nutritional goals and requirements.
Note: Numerous other Performance Indicators may apply.
This course has been submitted for approval by the Certifying Board of Dietary Managers (CDBM).
Hours: 1.0 Ethics CE
Approval Number: 165974
Each CDM in attendance will be required to report their CE hours by logging into their online account at www.ANFPonline.org.
CDMs are to retain a copy of the certificate of completion in the event they are audited.
From CBDM: “All CBDM Prior Approved programs are subjected to the CE hour limitations for a program type as defined by CBDM policy. For more information, please refer to The CBDM Guide to Maintaining your Credential”.
Manju Karkare, MS, RDN, LDN, CLT, FAND
Manju Karkare is the President/CEO of Nutritionally Yours LLC a private practice focusing on integrative nutrition counseling for chronic disease prevention and management, and food sensitivities. Manju has vast experience in dietetics from acute care, community nutrition and management to private practice. Her passion for nutrition, education and equity continues to fuel her to be an agent for change. As a past Diversity Leader, a member of the Diversity Committee and the Academy’s Board of Directors her commitment to enhance our professional diversity and inclusion is at the core of her efforts to educate her peers as well as future dietetic professional.
Disclosures: Manju has certified that no conflict of interest exists for this program.
To receive your certificate, please sign into your BDA account.
- Click on the “Add Test to Your Account” button below this message. This will automatically add the test to your account.
- Go to “Member Area” and in your account, click on the “Tests/Certificate” tab.
- Scroll down to “Send or Use Additional Tests/Certificates”. Find the corresponding program and click on “Use”.
- Scroll up to “Tests/Certificates” and click “Start” to obtain your certificate.