Questions about Enteral Nutrition and Fat Malabsorption? Join award winning dietitian, Jeanette Hasse, as she helps define nutrition treatment options!
Earn 1.0 CPEU, its Free!
This webinar aims to identify challenges associated with enteral nutrition in patients with fat malabsorption and define nutrition treatment options. The presentation will review the process of fat digestion, summarize the basic physiology of the pancreas and disorders leading to exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, and outline symptoms and diagnosis of fat malabsorption. The effect of fat malabsorption on nutrition status will be examined with a focus on appropriate nutrition interventions.
Enteral nutrition strategies will be evaluated along with appropriate dosing and delivery of pancreatic enzymes for bolus and continuous enteral feeding.
This complimentary webinar is brought to you with the generous support of Alcresta Therapeutics, Inc.
By participating in this program and completing the certificate, you agree to allow your contact information to be shared with Alcresta Therapeutics, Inc.
After completing this continuing education course the learner should be able to:
- Review basic physiology of the pancreas and disorders leading to exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
- Evaluate complications and diagnosis of fat malabsorption.
- Analyze indications and routes of delivery for enteral nutrition and pancreatic enzymes for individuals with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
This course is intended for: RDNs
CDR Activity Number: Live 157086 / Recorded: 157728 (Recording expires on August 25, 2023)
Activity Type: 171 Live Webinar/ 175 Recorded Pre-approved CPE
1.0 CPE CPE Level: 2
Suggested Performance Indicators:
- 4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
- 4.2.7 Integrates relevant information with previous learning, experience, professional knowledge, and current practice models.
- 8.1.5 Applies medical nutrition therapy in disease prevention and management.
- 8.3.1 Maintains the knowledge and skill to manage a variety of disease states and clinical conditions.
Note: Numerous other Performance Indicators may apply.
Jeanette Hasse, PhD, RD, LD, CNSC, FASPEN, FADA, CCTD has worked in the critical care nutrition field for over 35 years and has worked full-time with transplant patients since 1986. She has been involved in related research and development of nutrition care protocols and currently manages 11 transplant dietitians. Jeanette has given many professional presentations and has several publications on nutrition and transplantation. Dr. Hasse is the Editor-in-Chief of the journal, Nutrition in Clinical Practice. Dr. Hasse is also co-editor of the book Comprehensive Guide to Transplant Nutrition. She has received several professional awards. Jeanette received her B.S. degree in Nutrition at the University of Nebraska and received her M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Nutrition at Texas Woman’s University.
Disclosures: Dr. Hasse is on the Speaker’s Bureau for Alcresta Therapeutics, Inc. She has certified that no conflicts of interest exists for this program.
This complimentary webinar is available thanks to the generous support of Alcresta Therapeutics. Please note that Alcresta Therapeutics provided financial support only and did not have input into the information provided in this course.
Alcresta Therapeutics is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel, enzyme-based products designed to treat gastrointestinal disorders and rare diseases. Alcresta’s proprietary technology platform supports a broad pipeline of products, with an initial focus on pancreatic insufficiency, which leads to fat malabsorption common in cystic fibrosis, digestive cancers, and other serious diseases. For more information, please visit Alcresta.com or https://www.relizorb.com/
Enteral Nutrition Challenges: Focus on Pancreatic Insufficiency Webinar Handouts
To receive your certificate, please sign into your BDA account.
- Click on the “Add Test to Your Account” button below this message. This will automatically add the test to your account.
- Go to “Member Area” and in your account, click on the “Tests/Certificate” tab.
- Scroll down to “Send or Use Additional Tests/Certificates”. Find the corresponding program and click on “Use”.
- Scroll up to “Tests/Certificates” and click “Start” to obtain your certificate.