Free 1 CPE!
Join award winning dietitian, Dr. Mary Litchford, PhD, RDN, LDN to Discuss Best Practices in Nutrition Focused Physical Exam!
Are you strategically integrating NFPE in your clinical expertise? Are you using the NFPE findings along with other health screening assessment findings to justify the need for additional laboratory and diagnostic testing? Learn to make clinical connections between NFPE findings for malnutrition, nutrient deficiencies and declining functional status. Prepare to strategically use NFPE findings to determine the need for additional health assessment screenings, laboratory and diagnostic testing.
This complimentary webinar is brought to you with the generous support of
By registering, you agree to allow your information to be shared with Hormel Health Labs.
After completing this continuing education course the learner should be able to:
- Critique your current level of expertise of NFPE in clinical practice.
- Examine the interrelationships between malnutrition, declining functional status and sarcopenia as significant factors impacting well-being and quality of life.
- Identify strategies to incorporate health screening assessments into the comprehensive nutrition assessment.
This course is intended for: RDNs and CDCESs
CDR Activity Number: Live 167412 / Recorded: 167413 (Recording expires on May 31, 2024)
Activity Type: 171 Live Webinar/ 175 Recorded Pre-approved CPE
1.0 CPE CPE Level: 3
Suggested Performance Indicators:
- 4.2.5 Analyzes and synthesizes information and identifies new information, patterns and findings.
- 4.2.6 Integrates relevant information with previous learning, experience, professional knowledge, and current practice models.
- 8.2.2 Differentiates between outdated and current evidence-based practice related to the management of diseases and clinical conditions.
- 10.2.5 Conducts nutrition-focused physical examinations to determine nutritional statuses of clients.
Note: Numerous other Performance Indicators may apply.
Dr. Mary Litchford, PhD, RDN, LDN
Dr. Mary Litchford is an internationally recognized speaker, author, and consultant to healthcare organizations. Her professional career has included clinical practice, university research and teaching, and business consulting. She is president of CASE Software & Books, a professional and educational resource company.
She is Past President of the National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel, 2021 recipient of the JoAnn Maklebust Life Time Achievement Award and was one of the NPIAP representatives on the International Clinical Practice Guideline Governance Group. She received the Excellence in Consultation & Business Practice Award from the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics for her contributions to translate nutrition science into real world applications for patients.
Disclosures: Dr. Litchford discloses that she is a paid presenter on this topic for Abbott Labs, however, she certifies that no conflict of interest exists for this program.
After listening to the webinar, to receive your certificate, please sign into your BDA account.
- Click on the “Add Test to Your Account” button below this message. This will automatically add the test to your account.
- Go to “Member Area” and in your account, click on the “Tests/Certificate” tab.
- Scroll down to “Send or Use Additional Tests/Certificates”. Find the corresponding program and click on “Use”.
- Scroll up to “Tests/Certificates” and click “Start” to obtain your certificate.