Questions about Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency? Join Meghana Sathe, MD as she explores the pathophysiology of EPI and the normal function of the pancreas.
Earn 1.0 CPE and it’s FREE!
Improve knowledge of the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency by understanding the normal function of the pancreas. This CPE will offer you the opportunity to better understand the role and impact that PERTs and an in-line digestive cartridge play in the management and treatment of EPI.
This complimentary webinar is brought to you with the generous support of Alcresta Therapeutics, Inc.
By participating in this program and completing the certificate, you agree to allow your contact information to be shared with Alcresta Therapeutics, Inc.
After completing this continuing education course the learner should be able to:
- Review normal anatomy of the pancreas.
- Differentiate between endocrine and exocrine pancreatic function.
- Focus on the pathophysiology of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI).
- Discuss diagnostic approaches to EPI.
- Review management of EPI with pancreatic replacement therapy (PERT) including oral PERT and in-line lipase only digestive cartridge.
This course is intended for: RDNs and CDEs/CDCES
CDR Activity Number: Live 163010 / Recorded: 163011 (Recording expires on May 06, 2024)
Activity Type: 171 Live Webinar / 175 Recorded Pre-approved CPE
1.0 CPE CPE Level: 2
Suggested Performance Indicators:
- 4.1.2 Interprets and integrates evidence-based research and literature in decision making.
- 4.2.7 Integrates relevant information with previous learning, experience, professional knowledge, and current practice models.
- 8.1.4 Demonstrates knowledge of nutrient requirements throughout the life span and their role in health promotion and disease management.
- 8.3.1 Maintains the knowledge and skill to manage a variety of disease states and clinical conditions.
Note: Numerous other Performance Indicators may apply.
Dr. Sathe is a Pediatric Gastroenterologist and co-Director of the Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis Center and Therapeutic Development Center at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Department of Pediatrics/Children’s Health. She was in the first Developing Innovative GastroEnterology Speciality Training (DIGEST) class as a mentee and is a current CRSP mentee. Dr. Sathe was a co-Primary Investigator for the recent GI symptoms observational (GALAXY) study looking at GI manifestations of Cystic Fibrosis at baseline. In addition, she is Associate Fellowship Director of the Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition fellowship program at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Department of Pediatrics/Children’s Health and is passionate about training fellows in GI who have a special interest in Cystic Fibrosis care.
Disclosures: Dr. Sathe is a consultant for Alcresta Therapeutics and PBM BC Holdings. She is a representative for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. She has certified that no conflicts of interest exists for this program.
This complimentary webinar is available thanks to the generous support of Alcresta Therapeutics. Please note that Alcresta Therapeutics provided financial support only and did not have input into the information provided in this course.
Alcresta Therapeutics is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel, enzyme-based products designed to treat gastrointestinal disorders and rare diseases. Alcresta’s proprietary technology platform supports a broad pipeline of products, with an initial focus on pancreatic insufficiency, which leads to fat malabsorption common in cystic fibrosis, digestive cancers, and other serious diseases. For more information, please visit Alcresta.com or https://www.relizorb.com/
To receive your certificate, please sign into your BDA account.
- Click on the “Add Test to Your Account” button below this message. This will automatically add the test to your account.
- Go to “Member Area” and in your account, click on the “Tests/Certificate” tab.
- Scroll down to “Send or Use Additional Tests/Certificates”. Find the corresponding program and click on “Use”.
- Scroll up to “Tests/Certificates” and click “Start” to obtain your certificate.