Position: Dietetic Technician (DTR) Part Time
Location: Dayton, OH
Becky Dorner & Associates is looking for a Dietetic Technician (DTR) for part time coverage during regular business hours in the Dayton, Ohio area. We are looking for someone to provide nutrition services for a long term care facility facility 3 times a week. If you are interested and you fit the requirements listed below please apply through Indeed or by emailing Tom Dorner and please visit our employment page at Becky Dorner & Associates.
- Current Dietetic Technician Registered (DTR) or Nutrition and Dietetic Technician Registered (NDTR) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and/or a Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, foods and nutrition or related area, granted by a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with team members.Self-directed, able to work independently.
- Previous long term care experience required
- Experience with survey process and compliance to all regulations related to nutrition care, food safety, sanitation, and dining services, as well as plan of correction.
- Skilled/knowledgeable in completing individual nutrition assessments including electronic medical record documentation, MDS 3.0, care plans; providing counseling/education for individual residents.
- Knowledgeable in how to review menus to ensure that they are in compliance with regulations and physician’s orders.
- Ability to implement appropriate systems for nutrition care.
- Ability to implement quality improvement programs in the areas of nutrition, food preparation and dining service.
- Ability to identify needs and assist with staff education/training as needed
- Participates annually in continuing professional education to maintain current knowledge base and Registration. Complies with educational standards as outlined by the Ohio Board of Dietetics or other licensing body as appropriate.
- Ability to support the RDN at every level of service provided.
- General knowledge of geriatric nutrition, food service, and applicable regulations and standards.
- Knowledge/skills to support the RDN with comprehensive nutrition assessment, development of individual plans of care for clients at nutrition risk, recommendation of appropriate nutrition interventions.
- Basic knowledge/skills of food safety and sanitation, purchasing, cost control, and menu formulation.