Post ID: 3548
Post Author: 4
Test ID: 23
Validated nutrition screening tools include:
- B and C
- All of the above
How many calories should be provided to a person with pressure ulcers (baseline, and then adjusted up or down based on unintended weight loss, underweight, overweight, obesity or weight gain)?
- 35-40 kcal/kg body weight
- 30-35 kcal/kg body weight
- 25-28 kcal/kg body weight
- 22-25 kcal/kg body weight
How much protein should be provided to a person with a pressure ulcer?
- 1.5 to 2.0 gm/kg body weight
- 1.25 to 1.5 gm/kg body weight
- 1.2 to 2.0 gm/kg body weight
- 1.0 to 1.5 gm/kg body weight
For a person with a pressure ulcer, fluids should be provided to maintain hydration, and should be:
- None of the above
- 33-35 mL per kg body weight
- 1 mL fluid per calorie consumed
- 10-15 mL above normal for someone on an air fluidized bed
Zinc supplementation should be provided for a person with pressure ulcers at a level of 220 mg zinc sulfate twice a day.